ArianeSoft - Programming and development for Windows and Windows Mobile :: Forums :: PPL - Pocket Programming Language :: Made with PPL

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Ancient Near East Strategy Game
Moderators: kornalius, bmanske, PointOfLight
Author Post
RichardW
Mon Dec 17 2007, 09:58am
Registered Member #404
Game has map of Near East showing cities and armies. You choose an empire and send your army to take cities. Cities generate material and people for the army and building projects. The game is playable but incomplete. I am looking for feedback on the UI and playability i.e. is it intuitive. I don't want to burden users with complex instructions. It should be Turn On and Play. Each page has a brief 1 screen only set of helpful hints.

The game is also intended for teaching so View All mode is ON which alters some behaviours. A compressed timeline for 5 years is provided to allow users a taste of how the full version will unfold. Stick with Assyria for now as I used it during development.

Only the desktop version with resource file is uploaded. The 2 files must in the same directory. It was compiled using PPL 1.32. The pocket version has some performance issues but if anyone asks I can upload it.
1197903402_404_FT0_game2.zip
Mike Halliday
Mon Dec 17 2007, 10:28am

Registered Member #671
Very nice.

One point that was a bit 'aargh'' when I progressed the game to 1491 Winter:1 a standard windows msgbox popped up instead (I assume) of the in game one?

Other than that, so far a good looking game.

Maybe you could do a tutorial on scolling map creation for a future newsletter?

Keep up the good work.

Editor of \'Voice of the PPL\' the newsletter for the PPL by the PPL!

Still trying to get people to contribute to the newsletter!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF