ArianeSoft - Programming and development for Windows and Windows Mobile :: Forums :: ArianeSoft Inc. :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Meeting planed with all PPL developers?
Moderators: kornalius, bmanske, PointOfLight
Author Post
DirectDance
Tue Oct 02 2007, 08:17pm
Registered Member #11
Hi,

maybe my subject is a little bit missaleading, but I have asked myself, if there will be a meeting (party) for all the PPL people in future, meeting point somwhere in canada (I think, you (Kornalius) are living there)?

I have never been in Canada and maybe, there is a beach next to your living place

It would be intersting, to meet people like bmaske, pol, etc ... and of course, all other people using PPL.

I do not know, how many customers are using PPL nowdays, but I think, this could be interesting ...

Maybe (wow, I have used this word a plenty of times in this thread) it is a good idea - but maybe not. So, it is very interesting what is your opinion about this ..

My goal is, to be independent, at the moment I am working in an IT department in a big telecommunication company in germany.

... and maybe, ideas of other people will result in big projects in future.

Cheers,
DirectDance

[ Edited Tue Oct 02 2007, 08:30pm ]
kornalius
Wed Oct 03 2007, 07:47am

Registered Member #1
Hi DirectDance,

Your idea is very very interesting. I thought about having a launch party last year, it never happened, I didn't have the money. I still don't have the money to have a meeting but if we can organize something good with activities and programming meetings, discussions on different subject, it would be amazing.

I have never done such a thing, I am not a very good organizer but if I get some help, financial support and ideas it could turn out to be a reality.

We'd first have to see who would be interested. I live in Canada, Québec, unfortunately at this time of the year, the beaches are all closed, it is too cold! But there are a lot of things to see and do around here.

Regards,
Alain Deschenes
President and programmer
ArianeSoft Inc. (http://www.arianesoft.ca)
Andrew Beery
Wed Oct 03 2007, 02:23pm

Registered Member #10
If you're looking for user concensus then I'd love to throw my vote in and say this is a wonderful idea... I live near the Canadian border and always welcome the chance to vist our neigbors up north... any good skiing in your neck of the woods?

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth -- 1 John 3:18
kornalius
Wed Oct 03 2007, 05:26pm

Registered Member #1
Yes Andrew, there are many good places. They don't really open until after Christmas, that is when we start having snow in general, could be earlier too.

I'd like to do something like a PPL seminar with hotel reservation, brunch and have some PPL promo gifts for you guys. We really could share on the future of PPL and have a good time doing it.

Bring on the ideas... What type of seminar would you guys like to have? What would like to discuss, do, etc...

Regards,
Alain Deschenes
President and programmer
ArianeSoft Inc. (http://www.arianesoft.ca)
PointOfLight
Thu Oct 04 2007, 11:01am

Registered Member #49
I think this idea is awesome as well.  Of course, I'm in the same financial situation as Alain, which is basically no cash flow.  Hopefully we can do something next year, though.  It would be great to finally put a face to some of the personalities on this forum

Eric Pankoke
Founder
Point Of Light Software
http://www.polsoftware.com/
Donone
Fri Oct 26 2007, 11:55am
Registered Member #231
Because not everybody could attend, perhaps a small photo of each might serve in the interim. Either they could be pinned on the wall of the final venue to remind you there are others or far more sensibly, in this forum.

You only stop learning when you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead
http://www.don-simmonds.co.uk

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF